Published on | by1
What are the chances of meeting Mr Right?
‘636?’ I hear you question. ‘Just how exactly were these calculations made?’
With 429,000 straight, single gents left in Sydney, Roy Morgan hit the streets and pinned down 3,000 of them to survey their lifestyles and attitudes. The aim? To discover just how many Mr Perfects there are floating around this city. They discovered that, of the single men living in Sydney:
- 56% feel financially stable
- 57% love to cook
- 57% bought deodorant in the last six months
- 40% are a ‘Mr Fix It’ type
- 80% believe helping others is an important part of who they are
- 35% believe expensive restaurants are worth the money
- 56% have read a book in the last three months
- 52% are in the ‘acceptable’ BMI range
- 51% like weekends away
- 67% like to know what’s going on in the world
- 84% try to recycle everything
- 87% don’t have substance abuse issues or dandruff
If you’re looking for a foodie (and let’s face it, with My Kitchen Rules on the box at the moment, who isn’t?), then you stand a pretty good chance of hooking up with one. There’s an estimated 244,530 prospects cooking up a storm in kitchens around the city. But start adding additional criteria and the numbers start to dwindle. If you need someone to help you out with odd jobs around the house, you can take your pick from just 97,812 Mr Fix Its currently living in Sydney.
Of course, if all the above criteria appeal to you, finding your ideal mate may prove tricky. According to the people at Roy Morgan, multiplying out all these criteria will reveal just 636 men.
Tell us, what are you looking for in a man this Valentine’s Day?
About the Author
Lizzy has more than ten years’ experience in the print and digital publishing arena and is the Editor at Single File. Having moved from the UK to Australia in 2008, Lizzy has worked for a number of leading publishers in Sydney and has particular expertise in the health, wellness and travel markets. If you have any questions for Lizzy, you can send them across by email to email@example.com.